PublishedJuly 26, 2016
ClosingFebruary 24, 2017
Fremont County Human Resources
151 W. 1st N.
St. Anthony, Idaho 83445
Assisting and performing coroner duties for deaths in the county.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Available for “on call” hours as needed to relieve or assist the coroner.
- Responds to deaths when notified by the sheriff’s dispatch or others
- Is familiar with and competently uses the county and state coroner paperwork and picture taking techniques.
- Fluently, accurately uses the Idaho EDRS (Electronic Death Record System) online.
- Maintains confidentiality when dealing with deaths and death records.
- Attends classes as directed and or requested by the coroner.
- Collects, processes, and ships specimens as indicated by the individual case.
- Completes paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Comfortably and respectfully interacts with the Fremont County Sheriff’s Department and other city and county departments as well as funeral directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Stooping, kneeling crawling, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking, and lifting.
- Completely drives a vehicle.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good people relation skills
- Working computer knowledge
- Ability to accurately spell and proofread documents.
- Must be able to perform essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently, accurately, and without causing a direct safety threat to the person or others.
- Some medical knowledge would be helpful.
A full job description is available on the Fremont County Website at www.co.fremont.id.us
For information: Call Bonnie Burlage at (208)351-3939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A background check will be required. A completed Fremont County Job Application is required and can be obtained at www.co.fremont.id.us Veteran preference applies.
Applications must be turned into the Fremont County Clerk’s office, 151 W 1st N, St. Anthony, ID 83445.